An AC tune-up is an essential maintenance procedure that helps keep your air conditioning unit running efficiently, prolongs its lifespan, and helps maintain full capacity for the design days in Texas when temps are at and exceed 95 degrees. Here are the steps typically involved in an AC tune-up:
1. Turn Off The Power: Before working on the unit, shut off the power at the circuit breaker or disconnect the box.
2. Clean Or Replace Air Filter: A dirty air filter can reduce airflow and make your AC unit work harder. The technician will clean or replace the air filter to ensure it functions efficiently.
3. Check The Thermostat: The technician will inspect it to ensure it’s properly calibrated and functioning. They may also recommend upgrading to a programmable thermostat if you don’t have one.
4. Inspect The Condenser Coils: Dirty condenser coils can reduce the efficiency of your AC unit. The technician will inspect and clean the condenser coils if necessary.
5. Check The Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause your AC unit to malfunction. With authorization, the technician will check the refrigerant levels and add more if necessary.
6. Inspect The Blower Motor And Fan Blades: The technician will inspect and clean the blower motor, blower wheel, and outdoor fan blades to ensure they function correctly.
7. Check The Electrical Components: The technician will inspect the electrical components, including the capacitors and relays, to ensure they function correctly.
8. Lubricate Moving Parts: Lubricating moving parts helps reduce friction and wear and tear on the AC unit.
9. Test The Unit: The technician will test the AC unit to ensure it’s functioning efficiently and safely.
10. Provide Recommendations: Based on the inspection, the technician may recommend repairs, upgrades, or replacement equipment to improve the performance and efficiency of your home and AC unit.
Following these steps during an AC tune-up ensures your AC unit runs at peak efficiency and avoids costly repairs or replacement. It’s recommended to have your AC unit tuned up at least once a year, preferably before the start of the cooling season. If you need any help with maintenance or upgrades, don’t hesitate to contact Prestige Air at (817) 200-7215. Our expert technicians are ready to assist you.
MillionAire Heating and Air Conditioning proudly serve Tarrant, Johnson Denton, Dallas, Ellis, and Collin counties. As well as these Dallas-Fort Worth cities, including Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Colleyville, Grapevine, Southlake, Westlake, Trophy Club, Keller, Watauga, Haltom City, North Richland Hills, Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, Kennedale, Saginaw, Benbrook, Lake Worth, White Settlement, Grand Prairie, Forest Hill, Burleson, Azle, Crowley, Haslet, Everman, Lakeside, Newark, Pantego, Pelican Bay, Reno, River Oaks, Allen, Anna, Carrolton, Dallas, Fairview, Farmersville, Frisco, Garland, McKinney, Mellisa, Murphey, Plano, Prosper, Sachse, Wylie, Addison, Coppell, Desoto, Duncanville, Highland Park, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Richardson, Rowlett, and University Park! We look forward to serving you and your household!
Contact us today by clicking here.
-Brandon, Acts 3:19